Have you really made up your mind to lose weight? If you have you are on your way. No diet or weight loss program is going to work for you unless you have set your goals and know the results you are working for. All too often we go on a diet and after a month we are ready to quit our program. There are so many clever excuses to stop or diet. The difference between a successful diet and one doomed before we start just may be our frame of mind.
If you have made up your mind but still feel you need guidance and encouragement. You can get that help at WeightoWellness. You will be able to get all the guidance you need from the professional health care staff.
- You will get help in setting goals that are attainable and healthy.
- You will be able to set goal that are not too broad.
- If you are not really overweight but want to improve your health you can depend on the staff to help you with that too.
- Your goals will not only be specific but measurable.
- You will be encouraged to lose a pound or two a week.
- Crash dieting just does not work long term.
- Your goals must be attainable.
- If you need to lose 50 pounds it may be helpful to set a short term goal of losing ten pounds at a time. Just keep in mind the end results needs to be a loss of 50 pounds.
It may help you to have goals that matter in your life. Some people find it helpful to write down how your weight loss will affect your health. Plus there is nothing wrong with wanting to lose those extra pounds to look a little better. And we all want to feel better. Whatever your reasons to shed those extra pounds the time to start is now.
Once you have decided to lose weight it is important to have a plan to get exercise on a regular basis. Some people find it easier to stick to an exercise program if they get a buddy to exercise with them. A walk or run is almost always more fun with a friend. If you do not have someone to go with you at least have a friend you are accountable too. Of course that could be a staff member at WeightoWellness.
If you have not exercised in a while it is important to start slow. Just as we have stated that it is a reasonable goal to lose one to two pounds a week it is reasonable to walk short distances when you first start out. As the old saying goes you must walk before you run.
At some point you will need to start a strength training program. Take it easy there too. If you hurt yourself trying to do more than your are strong enough to do you will only set yourself back.
Give WeightoWellness a call for any help you want or need on your journey to a healthier you.
Phone: 205-994-2393 Web: www.weightowellnessllc.com