One of the biggest misconceptions about meal-plan diets is that it locks you into a routine. Many of us love the joy that comes with experimenting in the kitchen and preparing a delicious meal from scratch. We bargain with ourselves and say “I want to be healthy but I just can’t sit with the idea of not preparing my own food.”
This self-reliance narrative is admirable, but it also couldn’t be more wrong. There are hundreds of ways to “hack” your meal plan and achieve new flavor combinations, while also staying on track with your diet and calorie count. Check out these potential flavor combinations that just call for a blender, a little ice and a food processor.
Strawberry Cheesecake Sorbet
- 1 Weigh to Wellness Strawberry Cheesecake Bar
- 1 Weigh to Wellness ND Strawberry Beverage
- 1 cup of ice
- Combine the Weigh to Wellness ND Strawberry Beverage and ice in your blender; blend on high until smooth.
- Using a food processor, chop the Weigh to Wellness Strawberry Cheesecake Bar into fine pieces.
- Pour your blended strawberry sorbet into a bowl and sprinkle the cheesecake crumbs over top.
- The resulting dish should be a smooth and satisfying dessert.
- For a less intense flavor, substitute Weigh to Wellness Vanilla Pudding/Shake for the Strawberry Beverage.
Peanut Butter Cup Avalanche
- 1 Weigh to Wellness Peanut Butter Cup Bar
- 1 Weigh to Wellness ND Chocolate Pudding/Shake
- 1 cup of ice
- Combine the Weigh to Wellness ND Chocolate Pudding/Shake and ice in your blender; blend on high until smooth.
- By hand, break the Weigh to Wellness Peanut Butter Cup Bar into several chunks.
- Toss the chunks into the blender and blend on low, distributing the pieces throughout the shake.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and enjoy your own healthy version of everyone’s favorite Dairy Queen dessert.
- For a richer flavor, substitute a Weigh to Wellness Peanut Butter & Smooth Caramel Crisp for the Weight to Wellness Peanut Butter Cup Bar.
Not a fan of peanut butter cups? You can create your own Weigh to Wellness Avalanche combinations with any of your favorite bars or beverages. One of our favorite combinations around the holidays is blending a Peppermint Cocoa Crunch Bar with the ND Mocha Beverage, it tastes just like Christmas should taste.
Also – keep in mind that not all Weigh to Wellness flavor combinations need to be desserts. Spice up your Cream of Chicken Soup by sprinkling crushed Weigh to Wellness Dill Pickle Krinkles over top; or mix Weigh to Wellness Pretzels in with your ND Cheddar Broccoli Soup.
So the next time someone tells you that diet plans limit your creativity, just think of all the potential recipes and flavors you can create on your own.
What about you? What are your favorite ways to hack your diet? Send us your best recipes or share your finished product with us over Instagram and we’ll share our favorite ideas in the months ahead. Stay tuned for more tips, products and recipes.